Anchorage Press is now a part of Dramatic Publishing
SEARCH PLAYS BY
BOOKS & ANTHOLOGIES
- An Anchorage Press Play script focuses on a story that is of interest to a younger person. The characters may be of all ages, but their actions must have an impact on or engage the interest of the young protagonist(s) or the young audience members.
- There are scripts that are adaptations from the classics of literature from around the world as well as original stories crafted by talented playwrights.
- Most of the plays published by Anchorage Press Plays are written to be performed by actors before audiences of children, youth and young adults, as well as family audiences.
- The skill level required of these actors varies with the complexity of the play script.
- Skilled high school aged performers, college aged performers and adults will find these scripts have interesting character development and are entertaining for both the performer and the audience.
- Some of the plays for children are also suitable for performance by children who have language and memory skills. For child performers we recommend plays that are episodic, i.e. they have shorter stories, or are in the style of a review with less character development and memorization required.
- There are also plays that have been written especially for the actor of middle school age.
- We also have large cast plays that are often chosen for drama summer-camp productions with performers of various skills.
- If you have questions, please email or fax or call our office. We are here to help you. email@example.com, 1-800-448-7469
- No play may be presented without written permission from our office in advance of production.
- Each play is subject to royalty fee for each performance. The per performance, AMATEUR production royalty fees are listed with the play descriptions. Please inquire for a PROFESSIONAL performance royalty quote.
- Production permission requries purchase of licensed, cast copies of the scripts. Unlicensed copying of the scripts is illegal.
- The performance royalty for each play is due automatically whether admission is charged, or not. The AMATEUR ROYALTY performance fee is payable one week in advance of opening date.
- Sometimes performance rights may be restricted. You should contact the Anchorage Press Plays office as soon as you know that you will be planning a production to secure performance rights.
- Plays are to be performed, as written. Special permission must be obtained to allow cutting or changing the length of the plays. Not all scripts are licensed with that option.
Contest or Competition Adaptation of a Play
-If you are considering performing, for a time-limited contest/competition, a copyrighted/published play that is likely to have a running time that is more than contest limit, please contact the publisher (the author's representative for performance licensing) and ask if the play may be adapted/cut for contest time requirements. The publisher/licenser can give the director specific information that will inform the cutting and the process for approval.
- Touring and contest length versions are available for some of the plays. Please inquire.
Anchorage has completed its submission cycle for 2010. Please check back in early 2011 for new instructions about our 2011 submission categories and dates.
Anchorage Press PLAYS publishes plays scripts suitable for performance before audiences of children, youth, teens, young adults, or families. It respectfully suggests that submissions be appropriate in subject, theme and language. We will consider scripts for plays, "musicals", and plays with music. Also see What is an Anchorage Press Play?
Play script submitted may be one-act or longer in length. We will consider groupings of shorter than one-act plays, which can be performed together.
We publish plays for the theatrical stage. (Please do not submit books for children, screenplays or television scripts, novels or books of biography, fiction or non-fiction.)
Adaptations: Adapting an existing book into a theatrical play script requires authorization from the book's author to create a dramatic adaptation, and permission to submit for publication. U.S. Copyright law protects the creative rights of authors and playwrights. Proof of authorization to adapt and permission to submit for publication must accompany submission of playscripts to Anchorage Press Plays.
Manuscripts in full conformity with the above requirements will be considered for publication.
Please be patient. The reading and consideration process may span several months.
If your play script is chosen for publication by Anchorage Press Plays, you will be contacted and offered a written contract with specifics about author's book "royalty" (fee paid to the author for each book sold), and performance licensing "royalty" (fee paid to the author for each performance licensed by Anchorage Press Plays).
To assist us in reviewing your play please answer the following questions on a separate cover sheet accompanying your play submission:
Guidelines for Submission of Theatrical Text Books